Senior Mechanical Engineer
RJS Ventol, 32 Vincent Avenue, Regent Business Park Crownhill, Milton Keynes MK8 0AB
Candidate Requirements and Competencies
• Relevant experience in the design and specification of mechanical Building Services systems to relevant standards and codes of practice.
• Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership, and member of recognised professional institution (e.g. CIBSE).
• Experience in design and delivery of projects to a high quality, from concept to completion.
• Ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members.
• Working knowledge of all other Building Services disciplines and good understanding of other buildings disciplines.
• Ability to consider safety in design and develop design solutions to eliminate health and safety risks.
• Ability to research and work on own initiative.
• Flexibility to travel.
• Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or related subjects.
• Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools including IES thermal modelling package, Hevacomp, NBS and Microsoft packages.
• Familiar with energy reduction methods and approaches to decarbonising new and existing buildings.
• Some knowledge of energy related contracts and funding mechanisms such as SALIX.
• Understanding of energy and carbon related data capture and analytics.
• Awareness of the principles of building physics such as passive design solutions and fabric first approaches.
• Competent in designing for measurement and verification, including experience of commissioning and post installation evaluation of performance.
• Experience of working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential.
• Detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
• Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential.
• Comfortable working within time and cost budgets as agreed at project briefing meetings.
• Undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by the management team from time to time, in order to maintain flexibility in the organisation.
To apply for this role please email us RJS Ventol on firstname.lastname@example.org